I am ia self represented plaintiff in a libel civil case.

Customer Question
I am ia self...

I am ia self represented plaintiff in a libel civil case. The Defense lawyer has been late on nearly every deadline set by the court rules or orders. Now in their last disclosure I have found concrete evidence that they have altered and manufactured evidence. The joint pretrial statement is due in less than a month and the pretrial management conference is in a month. I am unsure if I should file a motion to strike as my time to do so is running out. However I do not want to antagonize the judge with a motion I should not be filing.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Az

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. I have only just discovered these documents in their final disclosure.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Also, the defense lawyer filed a motion for an extension to file a disposative motion. she stated she had emailed me to see if I had objections, but had emailed me 3 hours before filing. I did file an objection she has repeatedly engaged in this type of behavior

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2018
Lawyer: Attorney 1, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Lawyer
Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.If you can unequivocally prove that the defense improperly altered evidence, that's great! You can discredit the defense in front of the judge and jury at trial, Likely securing a verdict or judgment in your favor. However, a motion to strike is not applicable to exclude evidence in a civil trial. Use what you found to your greatest advantage. If the altered evidence is material and would affect the outcome of the case, it is your ace in the hole.I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I'll be happy to continue to assist. If this answer addressed your issue, please remember to leave positive feedback where indicated, as it is the only way attorneys on this site are credited for the help we provide.Good luck!Best,
Attorney 1
Attorney 1
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Lawyer