I just made a shirt design and I want to do a copyright but…

Customer Question
I just made a...

I just made a shirt design and I want to do a copyright but I do not have much funds.

Lawyer's Assistant: Do you have a registration record?

No.. Just made the design

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. That's it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/9/2018
Lawyer: Thelawman2, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

The copyright process is fairly easy and can be done on your own without a lawyer, and can be done online. What you would be doing is filing a visual art registration, which can be done at the following website: https://eco.copyright.gov/eService_enu/start.swe?SWECmd=Start&SWEHo=eco.copyright.gov

And here's a tutorial from the US copyright office you can use to do your filing. https://www.copyright.gov/eco/eco-tutorial-single.pdf

I hope this has been informative. If so, please provide a positive rating so I get credit for helping you today.