I need some help my car was repo on Dec 22 and since then i…

Customer Question
My name is***** need...

My name is***** need some help my car was repo on Dec 22 and since then i have been back and forth with this company they didnt even know my car was repo they have hung up on me do not return my phone call and when i do get a hold of them im either hung up on or told different things to get my car back and my belongings dont know where they are i ask them if they could tell me where they where cause i needed to get my son medicine and they didnt want to but i was able to get a phone number that was suppose to be the tow yard and it was the wrong one i have not heard anything and when i call everyone there tells me something different and i still do not have my things or my kids things and most important my son inhaler i could really use some help.Thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Stockton California its 2009 Ford Trauas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not even when the car was repo they had no clue so i called the police department and they were not informed of it either and i was told they are suppose to let the police department know so when i call they know it was a repo i was not aware of the repo they did not in form me of any of it i was not giving a list of my belongings nor was contacted in 48hrs after the repo was not told where my belongings are and still dont know nothing has been put in the computers of when i call to ask how can i get my car and belongings back

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes that if and when i do talk to someone i come up with what they ask and then i cant reach them to let them know i have what they ask for and then who ever answers the phone call tells me something different and they hang up on me or do not return my calls meanwhile im with no car and thank god my son hasn't needed his inhaler i just don't know what to do

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/9/2018
Lawyer: Irwin Law, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney

Good morning. I'm sorry to hear that you're having this problem. If you can prove that the finance company actually did repossess your car, then you can file what is called a replevin suit against them in small claims court. If the court agrees that you are entitled to have the car returned, the judge will order them to do so. It sounds like you are dealing with some very disorganized finance company, though, and I wish you the best of luck. You might wish to contact legal services in your city. See: https://www.justia.com/lawyers/consumer-law/california/stockton/legal-aid-and-pro-bono-services

I hope that I have provided excellent service and, if so, would appreciate a 5 star rating. (Scroll to the top of this reply to locate the rating buttons.) If not, please let me know how I can further assist you. There is no additional charge to you for rating me. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Thanks for using JUST ANSWER.