Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Story short, a woman has falsely filed an A& case against my…

Customer Question
Long story short, a woman...
Long story short, a woman has falsely filed an A&B case against my husband (it has since been dropped) she also called the police and filed that we were outside smoking illicit drugs (also false and has been dropped). These false reports have made their way to DSS and almost interfered with me and my children.
What can I do to make this person held accountable for their actions. I should also mention I have a restraining order against this person that extends to my children and she has been making her presence known to my children. I fear for their safety and mine and do not know what to do.
( I will be talking to detectives tomorrow to start documentation however, I still need to know what to do court wise)
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You need to file complaint with the Police against her for making false reports. Making false reports with the Police is a crime. She can be prosecuted for filing the false reports against your husband and you. See South Carolina Code of Laws Title 16 Chapter 17 Article 7 Section 16-17-722.

As for the Restraining Order, you can just make sure that it remains in force and not vacated by showing up for any future hearing on the extension of the Restraining Order.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law