I have question in regards to a end of year review. NY.

Customer Question
I have question...

I have question in regards ***** ***** end of year review

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NY

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/9/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

What can I answer for you? I see what you've written but I don't see a question listed.

My year end review at my work place is meant to be anonymous. At my yearend interview 2016/17 I was given the wrong paperwork and I saw what everyone wrote about me as their name was posted by their comments. I had a particularly damaging review from a superior colleageue but it was removed from my yearend as HR believed it was unfounded. My issue is that my immideiate boss read the damaging review and as the colleague reviewing me happens to be the assistant to one of the heads of the company. I was recently be removed from my position at the company as assistant to a senior member to the floating pool with no permanent position. I believe my current situation although not fired is because my executive read the unfiltered review the one that shows damaging comments about me. I also feel that after fourteen years at the company I have no choice but to leave the company as my reputation is now damaged and after my boss releasing me from my position with him after six years with no explanation. People at the company are wondering why he released me and I feel that they think I did something wrong that caused him to let me go when in fact I am an innocent employee that was victimized by a discruntl and jealous employee.
When should I expect an answer?
Do I have a legal case against my my company

I've gone over what you wrote and, frankly, that's just terrible. If you're going to leave your company you could at least try to negotiate a good severance package. Otherwise, you could consider filing suit for what amounts to a hostile work environment.

Because she is a superior employee could her unfounded review be classed as harassment?

No, it's not likely to be considered harassment - since you were actually never meant to know about it But you can argue that it's defamatory.