I paid the incorrect amount to Loan Mart in December;

Customer Question
Hi .. I paid...

Hi .. I paid the incorrect amount to Loan Mart in December;

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California. The amount should have been $345.25. I paid them $325.45

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I had an operation on December 14, on my brain. I had a stroke on threat side of my brain during surgery. I was unconscious for four days. They started calling me on the week of December 18, day

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Saying they did not receive my December payment. After I checked for cleared payments on the phone, I realized do

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/8/2018
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

It looks like part of your question got paid off. Did they confirm receipt of the lower amount? Did the check clear? If so, what happened next?

the check cleared. They have been calling me every other day claiming that I owe them more than the $20. They have been rude and threatening. I told them I would pay the difference on the next bill. They said NO.I am having difficulty talking and cannot have the stress right now.
I don't have $59., today.

That's fine. Phone call requests are automatically generated by the site, not sent by the expert.

Does your contract say anything about interest/late fees for past due or partial payments?

I cannot pay $59 today

You don't have to pay $59. I don't have to call you. All you've agreed to pay is the $40 for the question. If you're not able to pay that, either, customer service can close out the question for you.

I will have to go and look at my contract.

Ok. That will make a difference.

I didn't agree to pay you $59; I just got a text,from my bank.

You somehow requested a phone call. I rejected it because I knew you didn't want it, but I can't stop other experts from picking up those requests. Please contact customer service and they can issue a refund.