First off, is there any fee for answering my questions?

Customer Question
First off, is there...

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well, is there a fee, how much is the fee and how do I pay it?

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

I already have counsel, but was just curious.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/8/2018
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Michael Bradley

once you respond to this question and pay, that will be all you are required to pay

Hello! I have a complicated issue and am concerned. I had a detective visit my home in September 2016. He had probable cause and reasonable suspicion that I had committed embezzlement and wanted to "talk to me" about the alleged crime. We began talking casually, then he began making accusations and presenting "evidence" that the crime had been committed. At no time during our conversation did he read me my rights. I talked freely and now feel that I incriminated myself. Was the detective required to Mirandize me, even though I was not in custody?
Signing off and hoping for a reply via text message to my cell phone on record. Thanks!

he was not required to Mirandize you until you are formally in custody

they are allowed to go to you and talk

However, at this point, do not do anything without having legal counsel with you that is your right