Over the weekend i was arrested and during the arrest think…

Customer Question
Hello over the weekend...

Hello over the weekend i was arrested and during the arrest think my arm was broke so I'm wondering what can be done if I go to doctor about doctor bills and missed time at work

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Montana

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I tried that night but dispatcher told me wait until today

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Don't think so

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 6 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. You could have a basis to sue and go after the department if there was excessive forced used and you were injured and damaged. You would need an attorney to handle this against you but you could recover for the bills and costs incurred as a result of this.

How would excessive force be defined

Police officers are generally allowed to use whatever force is necessary to make an arrest or defend themselves. In most jurisdictions, when a jury has to decide whether an officer used more force than was necessary to make an arrest, the judge instructs it to consider what a reasonable person with the officer’s knowledge would have deemed necessary under the circumstances.

In the report it said I jerked away by him stating that does it give him more room to use excessive force
They could rely on that and say it was the reason they pulled you and caused the break but the report could have been written to protect them and you would need to testify and any witnesses would need to be present as well
Am I going to have to pay for the attorney to do all of this
Typically you could try and find someone to take it on a contingency basis whereby they only get paid if you recover.
All this would happen at once charging officer and figuring out if I get reimburced
All this would happen at once the charging of the officer and figuring out if city pays. Also if no contingency plan then who pays
If can t find lawyer with contingency plan then who pays
You would need to hire an attorney or speak with legal aid.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!