Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am disabled and need to buy a fur hat from macy's. rather…

Customer Question
I am disabled and...

I am disabled and need to buy a fur hat from macy's. rather than spend carfare before knowing if the item is not in the store i decided to call. no one will answer the phone and who ever did sent my calls in the revolving door. i am pissed off. can i sue?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New york state

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes its been 2 hours of tryng to talk to someone at 3 different macy's

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
1/8/2018
Lawyer: Michael Bradley, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Michael Bradley

the short answer is yes you can use

the reality is whether or not you can prove damages and quantify them

I understand that you have been treated wrongly by Macy's and I would certainly complain but I do not see how you would be able to

quantify or specify damages

Tina, Lawyer