A property was bought at foreclosure the buyer has the

A property was bought...

A property was bought at foreclosure the buyer has the receipt of the sale but was not recorded so the appraisal distinct has the property still in the owners name that was foreclosed on. How can I get the property in the correct name I have contacted the trustee who handled the sale but have gotten nowhere

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

I'm sorry Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Apparently not I only have the receipt of the sale at foreclosure

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been paying all property taxes since I bought it even though it's not in my name

1/8/2018
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

You may want to consider just writing a formal demand letter to the trustee who handled the sale. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for a demand letter (click here). It only costs $10 and it is way cheaper than litigation.

If you have to litigate, then you may have to sue for adverse possession. What this means is that you may have to petition the court to advise them that under what they call "color of title," that you have the right to the property. You can show them the receipt of sale.

if you still can't get anywhere, an additional cause of action could be conversion, where one interferes substantially with the property rights of another.

What other questions did you have for me today?

No thank you this is a good start and will get started right away thanks

The pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

3. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions on the cheap.

4. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

No thank you

:-)

Legal Eagle, Lawyer