I need help on a student loan. I am in Michigan but I am…

Customer Question
I need help on...

I need help on a student loan.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Michigan but I am being sued in Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I was paying on a 2,ooo loan for 10,ooo for a few year's now the account is being changed to a new one for 8,000.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/8/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Here are the forms to file an answer here.You can try to challenge the amount and force them to produce the details, they may be adding to this original debt.You file this in the District Court where you are being sued.

https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/texas-defendants-original-answer-af-82434/

I don't know if you are able to transfer this debt to say a credit card but thats an option to pay them and then file Chapter 7 and discharge the credit card debt.

These are your next steps to challenge the debt, avoid default, and see if you can resolve it or discharge it.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.