I own a two flat building with my sister that we resently…

Customer Question
I own a two...

I own a two flat building with my sister that we resently finished paying for, due to reasons I moved out. Had some things stil

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I have no access to the house

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

How can I get my 50% equity out.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/8/2018
Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

So you want to get rid of your 50%? What type of of tenancy is the ownership? Joint tenancy? Tenancy by the entirety? Tenancy in common?