DC. Not at all. Not sure if this is the correct firm - this…

Customer Question
Good morning: Lawyer's Assistant:...

Good morning:

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Washington, DC.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, not at all. Not sure if this is the correct firm - this is about a book I have completed and I already have a publisher. But one of the contributors to my book refuses to return my hard copy draft. I have many questions...but understand you need to know the 'basics.' Appreciate it.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Lots of things but appreciate it if you can connect me. Thank you.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/8/2018
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 6 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me a bit more about the situation, and what your specific question is?

I know this lady as we live in the same building. I have emailed her (have all copies of communication with all my contributors to the book) a few times and have the hard copies. She does not answer me. She is an 86 year old British woman who was a reporter for four Presidents of the US. She is a great writer but this is MY book. She deceived me and led me to think she was going to endorse my book.Instead, after I gave her a copy of the final draft, she held on to it for a long time until I asked her where the endorsement was. She called me(I have her voice mail message) and said she edited nearly the entire book.
Had she been honest I would have told her that I already had (and paid for) a wonderful editor last winter, 2017.
I do not think she can do anything to harm me or my book but I need legal counsel and if you are an expert or know about Intellectual Property, that would be wonderful. I live in DC as I stated. I look forward to speaking with you. Thank you.
Meryl (Merry) Adler-Waak.

I tried to accept your phone call request, but there was a payment failure for some reason. The site should contact you to make any changes that need to be. We can continue in this chat function if you wish. Please let me know.

Are you there?

Hello?