Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What to do when a cronically ill inmate is not given proper…

Customer Question
What to do when...

What to do when a cronically ill inmate is not given proper medical care

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No my love one is now in the hospital fighting for his life

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has a heart problem and the system have let his health deterirate to the point that his condition is grave

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
1/8/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Pursuant to the 8th Amendment of the US Constitution an inmate is entitled to basic medical care for any medical conditions. If he has a medical condition for which he is not receiving at least the basic medical care this is a violation of his constitutional rights and you need to get the inmate a local civil rights attorney (they do not charge anything up front, they take any fees from any monetary damages they win in the case) and they need to file suit together with a motion for emergency injunction to order the facility to bring the inmate for immediate care and treatment. You can get a local civil rights attorney at the same sites used by other attorneys http://www.hg.org or http://www.superlawyers.com

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney