What happens when someone that is barred from your residency…

Customer Question
What happens when someone...

What happens when someone that is barred from your residency and they are barred by the state because they are in trouble because they are on drugs and neglegince from seeing their kids and they start hitting you and you defend yourself?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

New mexico

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No the person left before i could make the call

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/8/2018
Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your domestic violence question today. I'm attorney Bill assisting you with your question today. If a person is barred from contacting a person or being at a residency due to a restraining, protection or other court order, they will be in contempt of court for violating that order.

They can be fined or imprisoned as a result depending on the specific circumstances.

Then if there is an assault they can be charged with assault or aggravated assault in violation of an order in addition to contempt of court.

You can still report the crime at any stage so that person can be prosecuted under domestic violence and assualt statutes.

We are here to help, so please follow up with me if you require additional information.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback today to get a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

So I hope you rate FIVE STARS today

Best

Attorney Bill

Dear Customer ,

I recently posted a response to your question, did this answer your question ?

If you need additional support you can follow up with me attorney Bill.

Your positive feedback is much appreciated and gives me a credit for my time.

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or accept.

Thanks

Attorney Bill