Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

MY 16 YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER IS COMING FROM NEW JERSEY LIVE…

Customer Question
MY 16 YEAR OLD...

MY 16 YEAR OLD GRANDDAUGHTER IS COMING FROM NEW JERSEY ***** *****VE WITH ME IN FLORIDA WHAT DO I NEED TO DO LEGALLY we \dont want custody

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Her mother can no longer afford housing for her.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

New Jersey and I am in florida

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
1/8/2018
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You will need some legal documentation to authorize you to look after your granddaughter while she is with you. This will help you if hse has any medical issues while she is with you. Also if she is going to be enrolled in school you will need this.

The easiest way to do this is to have the parent or guardian complete a temporary authorization agreement.

Here is a form that you can use:

https://2ytt3i133a1n3xwxd52mztun-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Temporary-Guardianship-Agreement-11.pdf

It needs to be signed in front of a Notary.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Customer reply replied 1 month ago

Can you please email me the temporary authorization agreement to **************************

I am not permitted to send private messages except through the premium service.

You should be able to open the link.

You should be able to open the link.

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer