What kind of damage will happen to my credit, if i apply for…

Customer Question
What kind of damage...

What kind of damage will happen to my credit, if i apply for walmart credit card, for someone else ?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Pennsylvania, I didn't purchase it yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I was looking for more information before I make purchase

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been scammed twice. Once for 20,000 and once for 500. So before I do something stupid again, I need advise and/or more information.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/7/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. So, generally, if you apply for credit for someone else, there could be serious risks to your credit. As the card holder, you will be responsible for ensuring that the payment is made.

If it's not made, then the credit card company will report the late payments or the missed payments to the credit bureaus.

If the balances are not paid, they may sue you in court.

One thing you may want to consider is having the person use the card for a limited time or for a limited purpose.

What other questions did you have for me today?