Vehicle repossession in which the repo agent took the wrong…

Customer Question
Vehicle repossession in which...

Vehicle repossession in which the repo agent took the wrong car, caught on neighborhood surveillance doing the action, when up the street realized he took the wrong car, abandoned the vehicle without notification. In consideration of breach of peace can you hold the lender and the repo agent for damages?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

SC 2007 Mercedes S550

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

The sheriff dept was the one that found it abandoned by the side of the road, transmission stopped, right rim bent, from fairing broken and cracked

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/7/2018
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me see if I can assist you. Please give me a moment to review and type my response.

Ok

Yes, you have claims for negligence and breach of the peace against the repo company. You have a claim for negligent hiring of the repo company by the bank. The bank had an obligation to hire a reputable company and they failed to do so.