A friend arrested for DUI was held down for a blood test and…

Customer Question
A friend arrested for...

A friend arrested for DUI was held down for a blood test and then the hospital released the test results to the police (below the legal limit, by the way.) She has approached the hospital for settlement for a HIPAA violation. What should she ask for?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Oregon

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

She took diversion and finished it without any glitches.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of, thanks.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/7/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Did the police have a warrant OR did the police order the blood test under the Oregon Implied Consent statute?