We provide safety training and consulting and have signed…

Customer Question
Good morning. We provide...

Good morning. We provide safety training and consulting and have signed contracts. We now have a client that is about to sign a contract with us but requested that we remove the indemnification clause. Should we re write without that? We have an E & O Policy in place. Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

There is no case. We have yet to enter into a contract for a year and they want us to remove the indemnification clause.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We carry our own E & O Policy

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
1/7/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 4 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

Essentially, you need to do a cost-benefit analysis - in your head or on paper - as to whether it's "worth it" to you to risk removing the indemnification clause. Basically, that clause is meant to protect you against having to lay out a ton of money to defend yourself in the event something happens with your training. How broad your indemnification clause is could also make a difference. They may be willing to sign it if it is less broad - but, again, you have to decide whether that's "worth it" to you. Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney