I am back. I had to get my email address whic you said was…

Customer Question
I am back. I...

I am back. I had to get my email address whic you said was incorrect but was right.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Oregon. mY QUESTION WAAS NOT ABOUT MY EMAIL

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

You asked me earlier. My question was about "consideration"

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/7/2018
Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 6 months ago
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I did answer that question for you - I don't know if you can access it, but it is here:

https://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/115a6c16760a430ba13c012799918079

i GIVE UP. cANCEL ME OUT OF THIS.

Were you not able to view my answer in your original question thread? I can repost it here for you if you'd like?

Here is what I had written in answer to your question:

Good evening,

The Oregon legislature has not defined the term "consideration" as it relates to the sale, or attempted sale of drugs. Instead, the term consideration has a well-defined legal meaning under contract law. The plain, legal meaning of consideration is “[t]he inducement to a contract. The cause, motive, price, or impelling influence which induces a contracting party to enter into a contract. Some right, interest, profit or benefit accruing to one party, or some forbearance, detriment, loss, or responsibility, given, suffered, or undertaken by the other.” Black’s Law Dictionary 306 (6th ed 1990); see also Moro v. State of Oregon, 357 Or 167, 196 n 18, 351 P3d 1 (2015) (“‘Consideration’ is that which one party provides to the other in exchange for entering into [a] contract.”); Restatement (Second) of Contracts § 71 (1981) (consideration is a “performance or return promise” that is “bargained for,” meaning that it is “sought by the promisor in exchange for his promise and is given by the promisee in exchange for that promise”).

In terms of criminal cases involving the alleged sale of drugs, a delivery of drugs “was for consideration” if the defendant was induced to deliver drugs, i.e., he or she engaged in an actual, attempted, or constructive transfer of the drugs to another person, in exchange for some benefit from or detriment incurred by another person, e.g., a payment or a promise of payment.

Please let me know if I may clarify anything or provide additional information. Thank you.