I'm curious, if you fire a lawyer because he's not handling…

Customer Question
I'm curious, if you...

I'm curious, if you fire a lawyer because he's not handling your case properly, and retain one before firing him, he calls the attorney your suing and devulges confidential medical info and helps the party your suing petition a judge claiming your incompetant, and mind you the incopetancy issue didn't come up until I let the lawyer go, is this actually legal. The lawyer I fired is trying to get me put on conservatorship, have a trustee and placed in a mental hospital because they don't want to settle and are requesting the Judge reinstate the lawyer I fired to continue to represent me so he can make a deal on a settlement lower than what I actually deserve. Is this actually legal. I looked up the law and the only time a lawyer can supply confidential medical report is if he the fired attorney feels there's a crime being committed. What recourse do I have here. Please help?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California. And is the state I am suing. I was a government employee for IHSS caretaker for over 12 years.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

You mean the petition to the Judge claiming I am incopetant, yes, but not until after I fired him.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I just want to know what law code can help me here. Please

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
1/7/2018
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer
I am sorry to hear this
The relevant rule is rule 3-100 which is below. Please note it allows, but does not require, disclosure of information regarding criminal issues.A member shall not reveal information protected from disclosure by Business and Professions Code section 6068, subdivision (e)(1) without the informed consent of the client, or as provided in paragraph (B) of this rule.(B) A member may, but is not required to, reveal confidential information relating to the representation of a client to the extent that the member reasonably believes the disclosure is necessary to prevent a criminal act that the member reasonably believes is likely to result in death of, or substantial bodily harm to, an individual.(C) Before revealing confidential information to prevent a criminal act as provided in paragraph (B), a member shall, if reasonable under the circumstances:(1) make a good faith effort to persuade the client: (i) not to commit or to continue the criminal act or (ii) to pursue a course of conduct that will prevent the threatened death or substantial bodily harm; or do both (i) and (ii); and(2) inform the client, at an appropriate time, of the member's ability or decision to reveal information as provided in paragraph (B).(D) In revealing confidential information as provided in paragraph (B), the member's disclosure must be no more than is necessary to prevent the criminal act, given the information known to the member at the time of the disclosure.(E) A member who does not reveal information permitted by paragraph (B) does not violate this rule.
http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Attorneys/Conduct-Discipline/Rules/Rules-of-Professional-Conduct/Current-Rules/Rule-3-100
Relevant business and professions code herehttp://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?sectionNum=6068.&lawCode=BPCYour current attorney should be able to contest any motions filed by the attorney.Further questions please post here otherwise kindly rate positively. Thank you
I am suffering alot of unwarranted stress. I have this so called incopetant phsycatrist court ordered evaluation coming up soon and I just want to be ahead of the game. I lost my children and the past 12 years of my life from severe injuries, deteriorating health, 3 surgeries, mentally decompesating, and now I am suffering 2 incurable diseases. PTSD and Degenerative Disc Disease from working for this agency. Do you know what kind of questions I know there's approximately 22 a Psychatrists asks in an eval, do you have any clue of what possible questions would be asked in a competency evaluation, and I see you responded, so I want to be clear, the fired attorney is breaking confidentiality laws by supplying the 3 party I am suing or not. Is it illegal what he has done.
Competency evaluations vary greatly depending on the particular facts of the case and the particular provider's method or technique. There is not a specific format per semester the idea is to see if a person understands the legal effects and consequences of certain actions and if this is a constant or if the person has periods of incompetency.An attorney disclosing confidential information is not illegal. For example an attorney would not go to jail for such disclosure. But the client may sue for malpractice and breach of contract as well as file a complaint with the state bar and the bar may discipline the attorney : ordering ethis classes, suspending or disbarring the attorney.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

legalgems
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer