Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My girlfriend of 3 months who we talked for about an hour…

Customer Question
Hi - my girlfriend...

Hi - my girlfriend of 3 months who we talked for about an hour per day on the phone, went out once a week , lived 1 1/2 hours away from each other she finally ended our relationship on gmail. This was right before we were going to a concert on New Years Eve out of MPLS so a hotel stay over . He email was horribly libel / defamatory, cursing and F -words - not good ones and about 4 paragraphs long. All were opinions none of anything that I EVER stated and I think she was drunk when she wrote it. But the severe damage was done. Libel ? My daughter has access to everything on my computer whenever she comes here to use it , she is 36, married 2 wonderful grandson;s 2 and 5 and a HR Professional , the love of my life, as I used to be HR Regional as I am 62 and semi retired doing HR consulting, My ex g friend owes me several items and money , she has not sent me and not replying so if I do not receive them in one week we go to small claims court and my relationship with my daughter is damaged and I want the ex g friend to compensate me. To be responsible for my life damage with my daughter which will take a long time and time to repair and Karen - ex needs to learn about Karma as I do. So your help? What would be reasonable for a small claims judge to understand and I have a pre law background to enforce my feelings . Thank you and sorry for the length of this but as you can read it is very important to the future of my family. Dan MacDonald MPLS

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pearl - Minneapolis MN .This is a wonderful service and I will definitely promote it and see how I can further utilize it for your business.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No - Pearl - I have given Karen info of my intentions to be fair in case she wants to settle pre hearing. I also let her know what happens if she avoids the hearing. She does have money although she is a Hair Stylist so use your imagination - I'm not saying more. She has until Wednesday Jan 10, 2018 to offer settlement on all past dues and the libel damage that we decide on. Otherwise I file the case. The problem is that she has chosen to avoid my 4 e mails to her asking for a response to our few relationship items to be sent to me in the last 2 weeks so avoidance as we know in business comes with a $ .

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thank you. She has investment money, she has been abused by many men in past relationships but not AT ALL by me. As proof I would be glad to copy and paste her libel email to me that my daughter is not forgiving me for this woman is hurting me for the abuse of other men on her . KAREN NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT KARMA IS WHICH i HAVE PRACTICED COMPLETELY WITH HER. I want to teach her a Financial lesson as that is all I can do to help other me and we are both 62. Thank you soooo very much. I have enjoyed this as I enjoy legal problems

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh as in copy and paste Karen's horrible email to the lawyer to read to help determine compensation even though I suppose that award is likely not common in small claims. Therefore is the damages enough to be pursued in Civil as I have many Attorney friends that a few owe me a days of their professionalism for my specialization for them? This woman is going to learn Karma for the benefit of other men.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
1/6/2018
Lawyer: Thelawman2, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

The problem that you are going to run into with regards ***** ***** a possible libel claim is that the statement has to be made to a third-party. While your daughter may have had access to your email, the girlfriend didn't intend for the statement to go to a third party since she sent the email only to your email address.

As for owing you money and belongings, you would need to demonstrate that anything you gave her will not be considered a gift by a judge; obviously this is going to be a little difficult for people in a relationship unless there is some clear statement that she is going to give you it back (especially the money). As for the belongings, it is a little easier to sue to recover those as long as you can demonstrate you purchased the items for yourself or you owned them prior to getting into a relationship.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sure Jim and I am not able to type EVERYTHING although the possessions are documented buy her and my research of libel vs defamation is written word of false statement(s) to harm a persons reputation. If not - Here is what I received , that grossly damaged my daughters love for her Dad so put yourself in my shoes and DAD tell me what you would do ????????????/You made this really easy for me to do, with your pissy attitude (I KNOW you had a problem when I let you go abruptly on Monday, which is what you’ve done to me every conversation since September. Think about it, when you’re done with a conversation you abruptly say, “talk to you tomorrow, bye”, NEVER have you asked if I had anything further to say. And your one word answer to my question yesterday). I was going to bring you the vinyl pieces for your furniture, and that booster for my tv that I never wanted, but now I’m not going out of my way to get them to you, ever.
I’m not romantically interested in you, and it’s never going to happen. I actually think you’re looking more for a caregiver or nurse, but using the guise of looking for a girlfriend, so you can get all kinds of help without having to pay for it. Too many differences, I know you think we’re so much alike, but that’s just another difference, we’re not at all alike. I can’t afford to keep driving into the Cities, and working at your house for too many hours to count and not be offered anything in way of compensation, not even gas money, plus I’ve cut your hair, and done sewing for you. One day I was there 9 hours and got a $1 bag of pizza rolls to eat. Another 9 hour day I was there I asked for Mikes Hard Lemonade, you bought a six pack, and YOU drank 1/2 of them. I’m an extremely giving person, but this has become too one sided, I’m doing all the giving, you’re doing all the taking. I asked you to fix a chain on a ceiling fan when you came out in October, you didn’t do it, I’ve mentioned 2 doorknobs I’m having problems with, and a slow running drain. I’ve gotten a shrug of your shoulders, no offer to come out, as I’m cleaning and organizing your house! I can no longer afford this relationship. I don’t consider a $20 dinner, a $6 lunch, and doing my laundry fair compensation.
I have to tell you something you said that REALLY pissed me off, you stated that “isn’t my daughters house unsanitary because of having 5 cats”, you have the audacity to say that when you live in an absolute pig sty!?!?! If my house SMELLED AND LOOKED as bad as yours I’d never let anyone set foot in it. I’d also suggest you take a long, hard look at yourself in a full length mirror before you cut down anyone for looking older then their age. There is no love lost between my ex and I, but he’s still the father of my children, and if you think you look better for your age then he does you’re delusional.
I really don’t want to talk any longer, and I will not change my mind. If you don’t think what I’ve been doing for you is as important as your consulting work you are sadly mistaken, and you expect compensation for that. I am sorry about the New Years Eve concert, I was very much looking forward to it, but just can’t spend the night in a motel with you. Please just leave me alone. I’m blocking your phone #, so it won’t ring if you call me. I’ve also blocked you on Facebook. If you show up at my house I’ll immediately call the police. It’s over, goodbye.
-Sent from my iPhone
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Jim - Do you need more time? No rush as I would prefer the best answer than the quickest answer. I just would like to know. Dan
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Oh Jim THE most important characteristic of Karen that you need to know to understand her message to me is that she is an admitted extreme OCD woman that has never received professional help for her condition. She cannot eat about 60% of most foods and the remaining she is brand loyal to only one brand. She cleans her small house 2 times per week and re- organizes it sometimes moving most items an inch but dusting everything monthly. She lives by herself, she is 62, was married once for 10 years, 30 years ago, has 2 married daughter and 8 grandchildren from 6 - 24 years old . So I moved here 2 years ago and just emptied a Mn Storage garage so yes I am organizing my house and she likes doing that and no I do not pay someone that I am dating? As we had other benefits. I have never smoked and my family has never , Karen stopped 2 years ago so I do not know about my house smelling besides degrading me because of men abusing her in her past lives.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
her daughters live in Superior Wisconsin about 6 hours north of her as she wanted to escape from seeing them daily back in 2007. Yes she does need help but not from me as I tried with a minor in Psych as best that I could for free but she is perfect as they are to them.

Just so you know though, in order to harm a person's reputation, court's require the statement to be made to a person other than the person who the libel is about. That's the barrier you are going to face if you try to bring a claim just based on the email to you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Umm of course Jim - I of course have a notarized statement of mental emotional relationship damages from my daughter. Are you stating that is not enough? Jim - I am done typing for the night and spending money for you cause. Please give me a range as a range of money demand is up to me to create? Then we are done for the money I have spent. Thank you for your help Sir. This has been going on for 3 hours with 10 fingers vs my voice.

I'm just informing you that I think it would be a difficult case, but that doesn't mean you can't try to bring it. And the fee is already set by the website, I'm not sure what it is. I would just appreciate a positive rating so I get credit for helping you today.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Jim - Difficult or not - I have been told I can sell ice to an Eskimo and I have exceeded corporate sales. I have a pre law background and if I have to I can have a pro bono friend assist me but I was hoping for a ball park range from you . Go for it Jim as that is what I am paying you for - I am only paying your site for a number. No more legal technicalities as I will deal with them - they are my problem - not yours of my success rate. Thank you sir,

I wish you the best of luck, and feel free to come back in the future if you have any additional questions while you handle your case.

Please also provide a positive rating at the top of your screen!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
NO WAY JIM - YOU DO NOT READ VERY WELL, I WILL NEGATIVELY ADVERTISE MOST IMPORTANTLY ABOUT YOU AND YOUR $$$ SITE ON OUR LOCAL AND OTHER CITIES . I ALL ALONG GAVE YOU ALL OF THE INFORMATION YOU NEEDED FOR A RANGE OF A NUMBERS. I WILL ALSO 100 % BROADCAST NIONALLY CRAIG'S LIST SITES IN PROFESSIONAL SERVICES , MY FACEBOOK AND MY LOCAL NEXTDOOR SUBURBAN EMAIL SITES THAT REACH THOUSANDS OF ADULTS AND MOST WHO KNOW ME OR KNOW MY FAMILY MEMBERS. YOU GUYS WILL LOOSE MORE BUSINESS THAN YOU WILL EVER LEARN BUY TELLING PEOPLE EARLY IN THEIR CASE BEFORE YOU CHARGE THEM THAT YOU CANNOT ANSWER THEIR ONE QUESTION. LEARN KARMA IN BUSINESS . YOU ARE ALLEGEDLY ATTORNEYS YOU CAN ONCE AGAIN GIVE ME A RANGE AND IT IS UP TO ME TO SELL IT AND GET THE JUDGEMENT . SO YES - NO OR MAYBE SO? BALLS IN YOUR COURT AND THELAWMAN2 WEB SITE? JIM THIS HAS BEEN A 3 HOUR PROCESS - MUCH TOO LONG.
Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney