When sending court papers to another person through the mail…

Customer Question
When sending court papers...

When sending court papers to another person through the mail is it ok if my name and address is on the envelope or does it have to be the person who is mailing it

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Minnesota

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I an filing for child custody and had to send papers to my ex wife

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Just if its ok to have my address on the evelope or if it has to be the person actually mailing it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/6/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Ik

No it can be your address , you are the actual party.The other person can mail it, you sent the copies here, it will not be a problem.

You will be fine to use your address here as the proeprty party sending the copies of the documents under Minnesota Rules of Procedure.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars at top of page.

No thank you it's greatly appreciated

Not a problem thanks for rating 5 stars let me know if you have more.