Do you deal with tenant/landlord issues?I have treated very…

Customer Question
Do you deal with...

Do you deal with tenant/landlord issues?I have treated very badly by management regarding problem with tenant below me, and even though he was evicted this morning, he managed to come to my door last night and threaten me with a gun. He wanted to let me know that he meant business.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

New Mexico

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes, last night I called police and when they went knocking on his door, he would not answer. I also reported to property security. Even though hes is gone, I am terrified when ever I have to go out. Because of visual problems, I cannot drive so I'm on foot all the time. This guy has a very bad temper, and I believe he is capable of anything. Last night was the second time he threatened me. I submitted reports to management. He was also very abusive verbally. I'm terrified!! Please help me!!

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I moved in March 2017. I live on SSDI. What I am seeking is to get all my back rent so I am in a position to move, possibly out of state.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/6/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
On what basis do you believe you're entitled to back rent?

These apartments are terrible, and what happened with the tenant below me was the last straw. Despite the fact that they exterminate every month, they cannot get a handle on roaches. I find roach droppings, rodent droppings. I have bites (not bed bugs) on my body all the time. When I moved in they never repaired what needed to be repaired. The apartment was not cleaned when I moved in. I eat 99% of my meals out. Even If I wanted to use the oven, I could not because the door does not close all the way. That is one of the repairs was never fixed. The water in the shower cuts in and out. - extremely hot or cold. reported it but was not fixed. they worked on a leak under sink in bathroom twice, and still leaks. I keep trashcan under there. I don't open the window because the screen is so bent, fear it will fall off. Holes everywhere, and it goes on and on.
Are you there?

Did you notify the building of these problems with the apt?

I do not want to switch to phone call. I am at the Library, Please respond.

I did respond - with a question:

I went to the first sight you told me on your text message and could not find your response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now you send me another text message with a different sight!! What the hell is going on. cancel my jquestions and I want my money back!!!!

I haven't sent you to any site. I asked you a question: did you notify the building of these problems with the apt. That was what determines what you can potentially get as damages.