I am being sued in small claims court. Basically i co singed…

Customer Question
I am being sued...

I am being sued in small claims court. Basically i co singed for my sons bail He went to court, but the bond compnay never prepared the right paper work and he was arrested there is a balance of 5600 due which I am bieng sued for I dont think I owe it. they state they cannot locate my son to serve him. He is in jail. They know that. they are trying to serve him at an address which he does not live at. They are also trying to serve me at an address that I have not leived in since 2011. They know where i work.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I happened to do a search of my son and came accorss paperwork by accident that they are trying to sue me. I saw this. ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE WHY SANCTIONS SHOULD NOT BE ISSUED AGAINST PLAINTIFF FOR FAILURE TO FILE DEFAULT JUDGMENT PURSUANT TO CRC 3.740 (RIVERSIDE) I live in CA

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have not taken any steeps. sionce I became aware of this by accident.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Obviously they are trying to get a judgement agains me by circumventing proper procedudure

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/6/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
What can I answer for you? I see what you've written but I don't see a question listed.