My husband and I were victims of escrow fraud June 2016.

Customer Question
My husband and I...

My husband and I were victims of escrow fraud June 2016. Does anyone ever get their money back? The E&O ins for our realator says no

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I live in CA the house we were buying was in AZ

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

To the police and FBI, Realator and title cimpany

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

We were never informed by Keller Williams of the scam but they knew about it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/6/2018
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. Let me try to assist you today. I understand from you question that Keller Williams was the broker that was holding the escrow deposit. If that is the case, you should sue Keller Williams for civil theft, conversion and fraud. Regardless of insurance coverage, they are responsible for the loss.

I would also report them to the AZ Attorney Genera's office - consumer protection division.

anything else I can assist with?

If not, please remember to accept my responses and post a positive rating.