I am supposed to get evicted from my old house on Monday.

Customer Question
I am supposed to...

I am supposed to get evicted from my old house on Monday . what should I do

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Maasachusetts

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes the bank gave me 60 days to move and Monday is the eviction day

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I tried to do harp and did not work. I filled bankruptcy 3 times in order to continue the harp process and nothing work. I lost my credit for nothing

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/6/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If they gave you 60 days to move and you do not move, then they have to actually sue you in court for eviction, they cannot just forcibly remove you from the home. IF they have not sued you for eviction yet, you have several more days to move (generally at least 15-30 days by the time everything goes through the court).

Unfortunately, other than making them sue in court for eviction to get a little more time, if you have done everything you said above and you still lost, there is nothing else you can do to save your home.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.