Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Our union made an agreement with the company that is going…

Customer Question
Our union made an...

Our union made an agreement with the company that is going to lead to some workers looking benefits. they did some amendments in the contract. What can we do?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is the situation, the company bought a plant (laundry) our contract says that any future plant will be incorporated to the contract. but the company don't want to pay benefits in this new place. so they made this amendments.
1/6/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Unfortunately, this is what happens when you have a union representing you, they get to make decisions for the whole membership, even though some members may be hurt by the decisions the union makes and some may be helped. IT is up to the union members to elect people who will represent the member's best interests. If the union negotiated this deal though, the workers need to pursue their union leadership to let them know they are not happy and to vote them out next election, but sadly the members are stuck with the deal their union made for them.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney