Are you able to provide advice for landlords in a

Customer Question
Hello - are you...

Hello - are you able to provide advice for landlords in a residential lease situation in Baltimore county?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

The property is in Baltimore county, Maryland

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes - landlord has filed failure to pay rent on 3 prior occasions within 12 months with judgement in favor of the landlord - now on the 4th occasion, landlord filed requesting tenant's right of redemption be foreclosed - judge ruled in favor of the landlord - however, tenant has filed an appeal - how should the landlord proceed?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/6/2018
Lawyer: Lori, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Lori
Lori, Attorney

Hello. I will try to assist. Now that the tenant has filed an appeal, the tenant will be required to file a brief as to why the trial court judge was wrong in ruling in favor of the landlord. In response to the tenant's brief, the landlord will be given an opportunity to file a response brief stating why the trial judge was correct in foreclosing tenant's right of redemption. Landlord may file his response brief but is not required to do.

Hope that helps. Please remember to accept my responses and post a positive rating.