If there are 2brothers living within 50 yds of each other…

Customer Question
If there are 2brothers...

If there are 2brothers living within 50 yds of each other and 1 is having a major stroke and would not call for help can he be sued then says he doesn,t care if he lives or dies

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/6/2018
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

if there are 2brothers living within 50 yds of each other and 1 is having a major stroke and would not call for help can he be sued then says he doesn,t care if he lives or dies

.

Legally no, no person has a legal duty to help another person if they choose not to. While it may be morally wrong, it is not legally prohibited and the brother can't be compelled to help or then be prosecuted for not helping.

.

.

thanks

thank you

You are very welcome. Happy to help any time.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

Hello again,

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much