Law to prevent going after political rival who you beat in…

Customer Question
Law to prevent going...

Law to prevent going after political rival who you beat in election.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Looking for federal

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not at this time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, this has to do with last presidential election, the republican party vs the Clinton.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/6/2018
Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
I'd be happy to discuss this with you but there is no such law.
thanks, anyway

That's fine. I will Opt out so another may help you.

Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

I am afraid there is no law that prevents the winner in an election from pursuing criminal charges against their opponent for crimes committed by that opponent. So, if someone won the election and there is evidence of criminal conduct against their opponent, they can pursue them and they can even be charged and prosecuted for those criminal offenses.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.