Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Can you help me with advice about proving a mother is unfit…

Customer Question
Hi can you help...

Hi can you help me with advice about proving a mother is unfit in the state of texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing has been filed or reported at this time

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that is it for now, I can explain more with them

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
1/6/2018
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
Essentially you'd need to tell me what allegations you have as far as fitness because it would be sort of impossible for me to list all of the possible ways a parent can be unfit.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think it would be easier to speak over the phone if you would like

If you would like to request a phone call, I would be happy to call you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
do you know when you will be available to call

I can call you any time the call button becomes available on my end - at the moment there appears to be an issue with that that customer service needs to resolve.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my fiancé has been divorced from his wife for about 4 year now and for the past 4 years we have been dealing with her getting high and being under the influence. She has never been rude to their daughter, however she has proven to be unstable multiple times. Thankfully every time she has gone crazy her daughter was not around due to a nanny keeping her in another room or my fiancé and I had her
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The mother has been diagnosed with bi- polar, however she has admitted that she does weed and continues to do weed. She has admitted that she always goes clean for a week when knowing she will need to take a pee test
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Her mind set has gotten so bad that she has now resorted to abusing her parents when she does not get her way. She had physically abused her mother and father. Again luckily when she physically assaulted her mother, the nanny had the daughter on the other side of the house.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The mother has show multiple times that she can not keep a job, she continues to get fired or quits right before they fire her.
Doing drugs certainly speaks to her fitness – or lack thereof - as a parent.
Lawyer: Joycelaw, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Joycelaw
Joycelaw, Attorney
Phone call session started
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I know for a fact my fiancé has not been paying for child support and we have on recording her stating she is not going to ask for the back child support. So I know that is one strike on him.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The mother had to move in with her parents due to her not taking her bi polar meds and having episodes, and because she got kicked out by the landlord. Her parents were originally paying the rent for the house she lived in, and they said they would not pay for it any longer and they made her move in with them
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can you please call me ASAP

You're right that not paying child support is a pretty significant strike.

If mom doesn't have a place to live that is a problem, as is the fact that she's not taking her medications.

Tina, Lawyer