My landlord is raising the rent again after just raising it…

Customer Question
My landlord is raising...

My landlord is raising the rent again after just raising it last Aug. by $320 now that is 30% more than what we pay now here but I asked my neighbor nexdoor and he tells me he didn't receive a notice, he's going to ask the others. If I am being singled out doesn't there have to be a valid reason? I have always paid my rent on time the 7 years I have been here. Is this a case of Discrimination?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?

In vallejo, ca

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Other than being given a notice of rent increase occuring in April no

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Oh I am also living on SSD

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/5/2018
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.