I need help/ guidance on my fathers Will. He just passed in…

Customer Question
Thank you! I...

Thank you! I need help/ guidance on my fathers Will. He just passed in Nov. and the executor he named was his father which has also passed. My siblings and I decided we could do a small estates affidavit, and we did so at the Bank my father had Banked at Naming me Kayla Wilson as executor. I have researched information on what steps to take next but I just keep confusing myself more.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Illinios Rock Island County

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I have filed his Will with Circuit Clerk. I have reported his passing to VA, John Deere, SSI,

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He was a VA Vet, he didnt have many debts owed. He also had CD at his bank that he had told me about. his savings and checking accounts were closed when we signed the affidavit

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/5/2018
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 6 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, an Illinois licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

My condolences for your loss.

Are there assets for you to take control of?