I am in danger of losing my house what can I do to avoid…

Customer Question
I am in danger...

I am in danger of losing my house what can I do to avoid this recently diagnosed with cancer

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not to my knowledge

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Mortgage co wants back payments in full which total 11294. 08 by 1/31

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
1/5/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You are probably looking at filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy to stop the foreclosure.This would allow to make payment plan and complete the Chapter 13.Since you are this far behind this is only realistic alternative.

Chapter 13 forms package to file yourself

http://www.cacb.uscourts.gov/sites/cacb/files/documents/forms/Ch13%20Petition%20Package.pdf

I hope you will strongly consider this to avoid foreclosure here.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks and prayers to you.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

The house has beentaken out of a Chapter 13 due to a remodification.

You may need to amend the Chapter 13 and put it back in here to avoid foreclosure since you cannot make payments.Limited options.

Thanks for the follow up I wish you the best here with all.Thanks for rating 5 stars.

Ray, Lawyer