I just got a call from someone representing pch told me i…

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a call from someone representing pch told me i had won a sweepstakes wrong or right

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Utah

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/5/2018
Lawyer: Richard, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Richard, Attorney

Hi! My name is Richard & I will be helping you today! It will take me a few minutes to type a response to your question. Thanks for your patience!

Hi there. This would be wrong. Had you won anything, they would be notifying you officially in person. This is a continuing scam and you don't want to pay them any money or give them any personal information. Here's the thing that will confirm that it's a scam for you. You should never send them any money up front or provide them any information about your bank accounts. If they want you to pay them anything to get your money, it's a scam. If there is in fact money that you have won, they can easily simply deduct any expenses, taxes, fees, etc., from the money. if they tell you this is not possible, it's because there is in fact no money from which to deduct these costs. There are no sets of circumstances where if there truly is money for you that you should have to do anything but receive your money net of any expenses. If they tell you otherwise, all that tells you is there is no money waiting for you and you are being scammed.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I know this is not what you wanted to hear and I wish I could tell you this is legitimate, but, I can only provide you information based on the law and my experience so that you can act on the best available information to you. ………..I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Just following up. My screen indicates that you have not reviewed my response. Please let me know if you did not receive it so I can re-send it if necessary. Thank you!

If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as Good or Excellent (i.e., 4 or 5 stars)(hopefully Excellent/5 stars!). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!