Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Do I need to have a passport for a domestic flight out of…

Customer Question
Do I need to...

Do I need to have a passport for a domestic flight out of Minneapolis st paul airport on jan 25, 2018?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

I am in Minnesota flying to greeensboro, NC

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't know what you're asking. I have a flight scheduled from MSP to Greensboro NC on 1/25/18, and I do not have a passport. can I fly without one?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I think that's it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/5/2018
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 1 month ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Absolutely. You only need a passport if you're leaving the country (or returning to the country after leaving).

All travelers flying on a domestic flight must present a photo ID issued at the state or federal level, such as a state driver's license that meets Real ID requirements, military ID or the United States passport. In addition to these commonly used forms of identification, passport cards, trusted traveler cards (such as the NEXUS, SENTRI and FAST cards issued by the Department of Homeland Security), border-crossing cards, Native American tribal ID cards, airline or airport photo ID cards issued in compliance with TSA regulations and transportation worker ID credentials also are acceptable forms of identification.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions).

If you can't see the stars, you may need to scroll up / down / left / or right to see them. This is where you rate so that the question will close out.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

Please note that I am still waiting for your response or rating...

ScottyMacEsq, Attorney