I HAVE TO PAY FOR A CHILD THAT I SELPT WITH THE MOTHER ONCE.

Customer Question
I HAVE TO PAY...

I HAVE TO PAY FOR A CHILD THAT I SELPT WITH THE MOTHER ONCE. I' ON SOCIAL SOCIETY DISABILTY AND ONLY MAKE $740.0 A MONTH. THE COURTS DENIED THE OTHERONE FOR MY BY WHO IS 22 NOW BUT THIS ONE STILL IN HER TEENS CAN YOU HELP BECause THE TOOK FOR ONE MONTH $ 249.00 WHICH LEAVES ME LESS THAN 5OO.,, TO LIVE ON CNA YOU HELP ME PLEASE I'M DESPARET

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I'M IN ARIZONA AND THE JUDGMENT IS IN MINNESOTA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NOT THE I KNOW OF

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

IHAVE AN APPT. SOON AND HAVE TO LEAVE SO IS THERE AMYONE I CAN CALL

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/5/2018
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

Your child may be entitled to Social Security Benefits based on your record. That money does not reduce your benefit, but will reduce the amount of child support you have to pay. Contact Social Security to see if your child is eligible. You'll be able to move to modify the support amount of the benefits are approved.

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10085.pdf

Also, if your only income is Social Security Disability (SSDI), you may want to look into applying for Supplemental Security Insurance (SSI). That is need-based assistance that might allow you to get a second check each month.

https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/ssi/

If you have any questions or concerns, please reply WITHOUT RATING so I may address them. My goal is to provide you with excellent customer service. Otherwise, please rate my answer positively so I get credit for assisting you today. Mobile users may have to scroll to the right. Thank you.