Is it legal to rent out a main house and a guest house to…

Customer Question
Is it legal to...

Is it legal to rent out a main house and a guest house to separate tenants?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

In the state of California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is the person a real estate lawyer? Is there a charge for this Q/A?

Lawyer's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Lawyer. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

What do you mean by "the rest?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/5/2018
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Experts are not able to view customer payment information. Please contact Customer Service to confirm the amount, then let me know if you want to proceed with the question. It should be around $40 for the question, unless you request additional services such as a subscription or telephone call.

I changed my mind and decline the service. Thank you.
No thank you to a phone call.
Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

I am a different Attorney, did you still need assistance with your question?

No thank you. I located the answer in a landlord/tenant handbook.

Thank you for letting me know.