My common law husband decided to up and leave me, we lease a…

Customer Question
My common law husband...

My common law husband decided to up and leave me, we lease a home together and he’s primary on lease. My income isn’t enough to cover the rent of 1875, I seeing if he’s obligated to pay at least half for the remainder of the lease which ends in June.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

State of texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

File to whom

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I’m trying to avoid being homeless, I have a in home daycare in the home that’s my income. Don’t have money to pay for court cost or lawyer fees

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/5/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 6 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

He is legally responsible for half the lease.You can sue him in small claims court if you have too for the half of the rent.You can sue him yourself up to $10k.This would be your legal remedy to force him to pay his half here.

Reference and self help

http://guides.sll.texas.gov/small-claims

I hope you will pursue this to get his share of the lease rent.

I appreciate the chance to help you .Prayers to you.

If you can positive rate 5 stars at top of page it is much appreciated.