I have been scammed and i have learned where he is. Mt. I…

Customer Question
I have been scammed...

I have been scammed and i have learned where he is

Lawyer's Assistant: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Mt

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have gone to the police in my area but they could not help me i just learned where he is i have a cell number that he used to call me it is +13203182653

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

He has taken alot of money from me i am on soicial security

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
1/5/2018
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 3 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

I have read and understand your facts, is there a specific question with which I could assist?

I have difficulty hearing on the phone so I do emails I have the previous email he has sent me

If you received an email that came from the website, not me. I don't participate in the telephone program.

As I said, I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I could assist?

I have reported him to the local police and to scammers romance site they have not helped me I have gone to the state attorney as well his name is***** his email address is***@******.*** I have all emails from him and a cell phone number which is +132033182653 he told me he was stuck in New York airport and owed the airlines 600 I did not send him anymoney this time but ihave in the past I have learned today he is in Montana I looked up the phone number I also have learned today that he is wanted for fraud and he has taken everything away from me I have lost everything because I was stupid to fall for his lies

That is a pretty common scam these days.

What questions do you have for me?

I guess there is nothing you can do to help me thankyou

I can likely point you in the right direction if you can just tell me what questions you have. At this point I understand your scam but I'm not sure what you need assistance with?

i want to get my money back from this person who scammed me

The first thing to do is go to www.IC3.gov and file a complaint there. That is the federal agency which investigates and prosecutes internet crime.

You can also retain an attorney to file a lawsuit on your behalf. The lawsuit can be for fraud and you can get a judgment against him and then proceed with discovery to locate where his assets and money are located. Once these are located you can use the judgment to get an order garnishing his assets or accounts.

The lawyer can also get more information on who has charged him with fraud and, potentially, ask the prosecutor to pursue a criminal case on your behalf as well. If you can get a prosecutor to pursue him then you will be able to get an order of restitution against him and he will have to repay the money as a part of any plea bargain he makes or as a part of his probation/parole.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Also please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

I am about to take a break for a while but if you have any follow up questions please ask them in this thread and I will pick up when I return.

.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney