My husband and I have humanna and our medicare insurance…

Customer Question
my husband and I have...
my husband and I have humanna and our medicare insurance deduction went up - why
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/5/2018
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

The feds allow them to increase copays on an annual basis.

Rate increase update notice

Humana is required by Federal Law to post a copy of rate filings (i) with an annual rate increase of 10 percent or more and (ii) deemed to be unreasonable by State or Federal Regulators. No small group coverage rates have been determined to be unreasonable at this time.

https://www.humana.com/insurance-through-employer-support/tools/rate-updates

These increases reflect the increasing cost of care and drugs in the health system of the United States including medicare.Almost all Obamacare and private health insurance went up this year including medicare here as well.

The fed supposedly review whether this is unreasonable and they did not make this determination.Please don't shoot the messenger.Mine went up too, my child is on Obamacare and his went up too.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.