Can i cancel a contract signed within 3 days if it has a no…

Customer Question
Can i cancel a...

Can i cancel a contract signed within 3 days if it has a no cancellation clause

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nj

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

It is a matchmaking service and i have changed my mind

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
1/5/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You do not have an automatic right, however such companies will normally permit cancellation even if there is no such clause, and at most charge you for the days of usage.

but if there is a no cancellation clause can i still get out of it

Yes

industry practice is to allow cancellation and pro rate the month. You also can contest with your credit card as a chargeback

Good luck!!

Kindly take a moment to rate me positively.