I'm looking for help in dealing with a family member. She is…

Customer Question
Hello. My name...

Hello. My name is Dale & I'm looking for help in dealing with a family member. She is elderly and moved in w my mom I year before she passed away..I own the home. I've tried unsuccessfully to obtain social services. I've called the crisis center. This person lost a housing voucher & can't get it reinstated. I believe she gets some energy assistance & think she may be receiving social security disability benefits. I retained a lawyer 2 years ago to attempt to get her conserved & the judge did not rule in my favor. She onlly receives $67/monthly for food as the amount is based on housing assistance. My mom had a new furnace installed in 2010, this person refuses to use it as she believes it is toxic because osf rust along the metal exterior housing of the unit. She is now living w no heat. I need direction as to how to proceed. I can't afford to maintain two homes. I've checked housing wait lists & they are all closed. She refuses to see a medical/mental health provider.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Waterbury, CT

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I've called many agencies. I've taken her to social services, NOW, Inc. The State has paper work on her.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

She was a patient in a mental health facility in CT for 10 years & was released when Money Follows the Patient legislation was enacted in 2010. The State set her up in a nice apartment & provided furniture but she somehow got evicted and lost her housing voucher. She then came to my mom"s & has been there ever since.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
1/5/2018
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 6 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello Dale:

My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney.

It appears that this elderly family member is not able to care for herself.

Who is the current guardian of the elderly family member, if any?

Also, did you attempt to notify Adult Protective Services for the Elderly.