Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I am the deaf petitioner, my case does not accept by the…

Customer Question
Hello my name is*****...

Hello my name is***** and I am the deaf petitioner, my case does not accept by the Superior Court of Los Angeles, Ca today. But I went to see Appeal today and the minute order was given to me by the Appeal, I need help, it says, excuse me I am very upset because there does not accept my case. I am giving one more chance to see if it works The Minute Order entered date 06/17/16 it says "Ruling on Submitted Matters:" The court having taken the demurrer to the petition under submission, now rules this date as follows: Demurrer is sustained with 20 days leave to amend. See ruling filed this date for a full reflection of the court's ruling. My question how do I answer this ????

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

It is in Los Angeles on 111 N. Hill Street, in California.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

You mean related to Demurrer within 20 days yes I have I will have to look at my case files

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My case file is BS157198

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 6 days by:
1/11/2018
Lawyer: Michael Lykken, Esq,
 replied 1 month ago
Michael Lykken, Esq

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed California attorney and am happy to help you with this question. Please understand that I can only provide you with general information in this forum and that no attorney-client relationship is formed here. Now that the formalities are out of the way, let's look at your question.

You state that the demurrer to your complaint wad granted and you had 20 days to file an amended complaint. I am confused, though, about the appellate court. Did you file an appeal? If so, what happened with the appeal? Thank you and the clarification will help answer your question.

Tina, Lawyer