A woman in the Seattle area took out a no-contact order

Customer Question
A woman in the...

A woman in the Seattle area took out a no-contact order against me based on lies; she claimed I was calling her daily and threatening to take her child away from her. I can prove I never once called her if her phone records are subpoenaed. I want this off my record as it may interfere with my ability to obtain future employment. What kind of attorney do I need for this? Thank you.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the subpoena was issued in?

Washington state

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I don't know what you mean. This woman went to whoever you go to in order to obtain a no-contact order and told a lot of lies about me. I live in Maryland, but when I was in an Auburn, Washington court dealing with another matter brought by this woman, I was handed the no-contact order and told to sign it. I thought it was a joke--I live in Maryland, so I could hardly stalk her, and I have never called her. She is the undocumented mother of my late brother's child, now 8 years old. She was angry because I was in charge of my nephew's trust, and wouldn't simply hand over a lot of money to her, which I knew would end up in El Salvador supporting her relatives. I had no idea how serious this no-contact order was, or that it would turn up online. I was held up at LAX when I was returning from a trip to Australia, so the authorities could make sure this woman was not on the same plane. I simply want it off my record.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The no-contact order has expired, by the way.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Legal
1/4/2018
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 3 months ago

WACIC is a statewide computer system that logs all protection orders in the state of Washington.

The record of the order should now be removed from the system since the protective order has expired. It should also no longer cause any flags or delays when travelling.

If the order has not been removed since it expired, then you should contact the Washington State Administrative Office of the Courts.

Their phone number is:

(360)(###) ###-####/strong>

Here's a link to their website as well:

http://www.courts.wa.gov/

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones
Nisha Jones