Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

If a receipt says "your deposit is non-refundable" but then…

Customer Question
If a receipt says...

If a receipt says "your deposit is non-refundable" but then right below that is a section on the receipt saying " Refunds will only be provided should an event occur that prevents you from attending the program prior to the start date" and my objection is that the location of this fitness program I joined through a third party is too far my my home, that would entitle me to a refund right?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

California is where the gym is for the fitness program, the third party I purchased it through is located in Las Vegas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I made the purchase 12/29/17

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

That's all. thanks

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Attached is a copy of the invoice
1/4/2018
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 1 month ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

Good afternoon. What they stated is vague. They needed to explain and detail exactly would qualify for an event that prevents you from attending. Is this something that is related to you or something regarding the weather, for example? What if you get sick? I think if you present a valid reason and show good cause, you should be entitled to a refund. If the location is not remotely close to you and this was only known AFTER you signed up, you could have a basis to demand a defund

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be 5 STARS! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

LegalKnowledge, Attorney