I received a summons for a civil suit for a dog bite. It is…

Customer Question
I received a summons...

I received a summons for a civil suit for a dog bite.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

It is in GA and I live in FL

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I received the summons and complaint

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am 2nd defendant as the Landlord of the property. First defendant was girlfriend liiving with tenant. I occured on another property when the dog got loose

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 6 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
You want to answer and deny the Claims. Your answer also wants to cross claim against other defendant for indemnification.If needed, martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.