Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My property has the wrong address assorted with it. What…

Customer Question
My property has the...

My property has the wrong address assorted with it. What legal actions can be taken while in foreclosure

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And has any paperwork been filed?

Illinois, yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have filed several documents in court, but now I'm going through BK

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I never felted that I should be going through BK to resolve my issue since I wasn't in debt other than what was said to in through the housing. Can t his case be cancelled out.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Legal
1/4/2018
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

What do you mean it has the wrong address associated with it? Where does it have the wrong address? What are you trying to accomplish by this whole thing?

Can you please provide us some details so we have a clue about what is going on and specifically what you are asking?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I checked the record of deeds office to get information, when I noticed that the address was incorrect.

Okay, but is the description and everything correct on the mortgage?

I still do not know what your specific question is for us as you have not clarified as I asked you to do.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This property address is something that should have been taken care of in closing and not me finding this out years later.

Thank you for your reply.

I agree it should be properly recorded in the closing and mistakes do happen sometimes, but again I still do not see what your question is for us about your whole situation

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for your help, maybe it's not for you to understand.
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Loren, Attorney

Good afternoon. A different expert here. I am Loren, an Illinois licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Are you asking if the mortgage is void if there is a typo in the address?

Is the legal description accurate?

Tina, Lawyer